Student | Entrepreneur | Software Developer
Drake Witt is a student living in Lexington, KY. He is currently a Senior in the Bryan Station Academy of Information Technology. Drake is a fullstack software engineer with focus skills in hybrid mobile app development. Drake is on Awesome Inc's Team Alpha development team and co-founder of CLASP Learning, an ed-tech startup. Drake is a Governor Scholar and an alumni of the Governor's School for Entrepreneurs. In his free time, Drake enjoys hiking, video games, and photography.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Ionic Framework
- Apache Cordova
- Spring Boot
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, and Digital Ocean)
- Command Line/ BASH (UNIX)
- Visual Studio Code
- IntelliJ IDEA
- FL Studio
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Bryan Station Academy of Information Technology (2014 - Present)
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College (Dual Credit CS Pathway) (2016 - Present)
- Academic Honors and Awards:
- Kentucky Governor's Scholars Program (2017)
- Kentucky Student Technology Leadership Program Dave Sigler Technical Award (2017 & 2015) (Best in State)
- Lieutenant Governor’s Entrepreneurship Challenge Top 10 Finalist (2017)
- Proven Learning Quick Tech Recall First Place (2017 & 2016)
- 2017 Youth Salute
- International Thespians Honors Society (2017 - Present)
- South Eastern Theatre Conference High School Festival (2017)
- University of Kentucky Engineering: Minds on Innovation Runner Up (2017 & 2015)
- National Merit Candidate (2016)
- CatHacks Best Solo Project (2016)
- Kentucky Student Technology Leadership Program Top 10 Showcase (2016)
- Bryan Station Technical Theatre Award
- Kentucky Governor's School for Entrepreneurs (2015)
- 4.0 Unweighted GPA (2014 - Present)
- Academies of Lexington Ambassador (2017 - Present)
- Student Council President (2015 - Present)
- DrugFreeLex Youth Coalition President (2015 - Present)
- Bluegrass Youth Sustainability Council Media Committee Chair (2016 - Present)
- Bryan Staion Hack Club Founder (2016 - Present)
- Graduate of Leadership Lexington Youth Program (2016)
- Awesome Inc, Lexington KY - Team Alpha Dev Team, Awesome Inc U, and Team Alpha Services Developer September 2015 - Present
- Created "AwesomeVote" app and web platform for the 5 Across event to poll audience.
- Teaching Assistant for Awesome Inc U's coding courses for kids.
- Researched, designed, and setup email forwarding infrastructure.
- Develop responsive websites and other custom software solutions for clients.
- Server administrator for Team Alpha Service's client hosting.
- CLASP Learning LLC, Lexington KY - Co-Founder/Software Developer June 2015 - Present
- Co-Founded the ed-tech startup in the summer of 2015 at the Governor's School for Entrepreneurs
- Manages business with one other co-founder.
- Developer of front end, backend, and mobile component to software platform.